What is Canine Massage?
Canine massage is a branch of massage therapy that promotes health in dogs. Specifically, canine massage therapy is a form of alternative therapy the benefits of which may include relaxation, increased oxygenation, relief from pain, improved joint flexibility, as well as miscellaneous benefits to the immune system. It uses touch to maintain or improve both physical and emotional well-being.
What is Animal Reiki?
Reiki is a gentle, effective energy healing method, which treats the whole animal, not just the symptoms of a disease. With Reiki the practitioner acts as a conduit for the healing energy of the universe to flow through her hands to the animal, causing a shift toward health at the deepest levels. It restores balance and harmony to an animal’s entire being: physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual.
What is Healing Touch for Animals?
Healing Touch is an energy modality based on the following:
- Energy medicine treatment initiates relaxation to the body.
- The relaxation response releases endorphins in the brain.
- The endorphins relax the muscles.
- Relaxed muscles create more space between cells providing increased circulation.
- The increased blood flow elevates oxygen levels throughout the body.
- Accelerated blood flow allows nutrients to be absorbed more efficiently.
- Enzymes build for proper digestion.
- Hormones regulate to strengthen the body’s constitution.
- Toxins release from the body.
- Healthy cells begin to regenerate.
- A sense of well-being is established which promotes healing.
- When the body has a stable physiology, the immune system is regulated. The resulting stability within the immune system affects the physical, emotional, mental and spiritual facets of the body’s energy field supporting self-healing.
***Modalities listed above are never a substitute for proper veterinary care